Wednesday, October 13, 2010

They're Playing our Song




Shelby and I had the amazing opportunity to play Vernon and Sonia in Neil Simon's show, They're Playing our Song at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse. Dennis directed it, Emily choreographed it, Piannie did the musical direction, Jacci Florence did costumes, with Andrea Scanlon on wigs, and Tara Payne was the assistant to the director.
What a ride! I've never had a role which demanded more from me both physically and emotionally. Shelby and I were onstage for the WHOLE show! Once in a while, I'd leave so he could sing a song, or he would while I did a song, but backstage we were racing to make fast costume changes and grab props. It was unbelievable. Our characters pretty much ran the gamut of human emotion and I sang in a completely different style than I am used to. What a learning experience!
It was so much fun for us to do this show together, as well as with some of our very best friends; Ashley Davis, Andrea Scanlon, Emily Checketts, Jordanne Burgess, Dave Clegg, Brent Taft, and Quinn Kapetanov-a totally awesome and funny cast, who also happen to all be enormously talented!I will always have fond memories of drinking gatorade and eating vitamin sports beans to keep my energy up, and doing a show with some of my favorite people, but not really, because we never saw eachother during the show! I will cherish the memory of this show as the one that really stretched me the most.A huge thank you to my family and friends who supported us, especially Cydney who did most of our babysitting, Barbara, who made that possible, and our kids, who think that parents doing shows together is completely normal. We love you!!

4 comments:

Karyn said...

I must say that you and Shelby did an amazing job in your show! I was really glad that I could come see you in it. I look forward to seeing more posts about your family. I need to do the same. It's been kind of crazy around here. I LOVE your stories on here about what your kids say. They make me smile, and I LOVE to smile! I hope you are doing well. I miss you!

Heather said...

btw Shelby, Your wife is gorgeous!

Tara said...

Wait...I helped with this show????

vaiybora said...

Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing.

จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ